Wednesday, April 24, 2013

How Far Will They Go?

(John 6:5-9) "When Jesus looked up and saw a great crowd coming toward him, he said to Philip, "Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?" He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he was going to do. Philip answered him, "It would take more than half a year's wages to buy enough bread for each one to have a bite!" Andrew spoke up, "Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far with they go among so many?" (John 6:5-9)

Modern Translation: Jesus is asking me, "How are you going to spiritually feed all these that I am sending your way?" Like Philip, I often answer, "It would take more resources, more time and more talent than I have, Lord". And like Andrew, "I offer my inadequate talent and small resource, but I don't see how that's going to help when the needs are so great."

And Jesus replies, "I will take them and multiply them, for I already have in mind what I am going to do!"

Oh Lord, increase my tiny faith!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment