Thursday, January 10, 2013

2013 Resolution

On this the 10th day of the new year, 2013, I am getting to my resolution... start a blog. 

I have resisted a blog. Not out of false humility (if anything, pride is my nemesis) but rather as a reaction against social media that assumes everyone wants to hear what I have to say. Fear has also held me back. I'm not sure I want everyone to read (and judge!) my feeble and simple thoughts. I don't really want a string of comments telling me I'm off my rocker or misquoting God's Word.

I just want to ponder, to muse, to record what God is showing me through his world, his people and his Word. And so I begin. I will tentatively put myself "out there". I will use this method available to me to give it a try, to exercise a budding gift, to see where this journey takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment